Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Results of using Windex to strip plastic models

Recap: The models have soaked in Windex for 24 hours.

I pulled out the four plastic terminators. All four were primed black. Two were basecoated with Adeptus Battlegrey and then painted with Fenris Grey (I was experimenting). The other two were basecoated with Fenris. All four were washed with Asurmen.

The results:
  • The wash had already come off, as mentioned earlier. 
  • Paint that wasn't the basecoat had mostly come off on its own by now.
  • The basecoat was still on, but mostly came off when brushed with a toothbrush.
  • The primer seems to have been unaffected (primer was GW brand).
  • The sand which had been PVC glued to the base was completely removed, along with the glue.


I can't say that I'm happy with the result. The models aren't completely clean of paint. I wouldn't mind if it was just the primer that remained, and am worried about how smooth I'll able to apply the newer paint scheme.



Next up, I'm going to try the product Simple Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment